Sunday, June 20, 2010

WWJD

My mom and a friend of hers have this tradition they’ve started – Birthday Month. Once a week they take each other out and they celebrate getting one week closer to the big day with cake. This past week my mom brought home a Chinese takeout-looking box with goodies in it; it sat in the fridge, everyone nibbling, until this morning – the morning of her Birthday.

*Shout out to my mom: Happy Birthday Mom! Love you :)

Let me explain the situation – the four of us are in the kitchen cleaning up, making breakfast/lunch and watching the soccer game. It’s a tight squeeze and my dad and I are hanging out the opening (into the dining room) trying to see the tv. I am on a rant about how good Germany is, the youngest team, such potential…damn that last game! But I digress…

My mom asked me to finish the last bit of green tea cupcake and cheesecake – there was a teeny bit of each left. And I couldn’t pass on that offer. So I’m standing there, the green tea cupcake is not all it’s hyped up to be. But the fact that my dad bit off the icing at 3am this morning and left just the cakey part might have something to do with that. But the cheesecake was Amazing! While I’m talking and wandering around the kitchen a bit, the last piece (quite significantly sized) on my fork fell onto the floor. And for about 10 seconds my brain froze, and then a scene from Friends popped into my head. You know the one where Joey and Rachel eat that Amazing cheesecake off the floor? And then I asked myself, What Would Joey Do? ………….. Too bad I’m not Joey – I licked my fork, wiped the floor and plunked the piece of cheesecake into the garbage can (slowly, I might have been singing or wailing… paid my last respects as I closed the lid). I looked up at my mom, and there was one single teardrop drooping from the corner of my right eye – CryBaby style (if you haven’t seen this Johnny Depp film, you need to. It’s magically, deliciously bad, but so good. Ricky Lake is in it, too).
Ok the tear was an exaggeration lol :p

Just felt like sharing that WWJD story.

Good morning everyone. Don’t forget to say Happy Father’s Day to your dads. It’s a double celebration at my house today.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I was going to email you a reply tonight... Then I saw u used the word 'Soccer'... lost brownie points there, lol!! Now u can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man! I should know better by now im sorry :( But as per the text a few hours ago... jeebus it's been an intense day - you'll hear all about it after I get my update.
    ps. as a result of the existential crisis of the day i missed all 3 football matches ;)

    ReplyDelete