Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Niff Naff

I’ve been reading Riff Raff (article in The Mirror by Raf Katigbak) for a few years now. Recently he wrote an article about how he wants to get out of the Montreal bubble and explore. He listed a few places he wants to visit and asked his readers for suggestions. That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to do…well sort of…if you’ve been paying attention recently then you know about my little trips. While Raf wants to go explore Ottawa and New Brunswick, I want to explore the bubble a little more.

The summer is here and I’m ready. Apart from all the regular projects I’m working on I have been working on a list of random tidbits I’d like to do during the summer months. I started making up the list a few weeks ago, so I might have gotten through a few already. And since I’m always roaming and thinking of new things to do or see in my spare time, I’m sure the list that I just ripped out of my notebook will get longer…

So here goes!

-eat on the terrace at Pica-Pica
-spend a day at Gitana drinking nothing but pot after pot of Moroccan and Turkish tea
-spend an afternoon on the grass in front of St.Joseph’s Oratory
-trip to Valcourt to see the raelian compound
-go to the end of each metro line
-get a caricature done at Old Port
-go to Piknik
-see the penguins at the Biodome
-go tree climbing
-swimming at Yamaska Lake (skinny dipping? I’m feeling adventurous)
-eat Mayan chocolate right out of the tub as I walk through Monkland Vilage
-Scrubs marathon
-visit the Farmer’s market after midnight (is it really open 24 hours?)
-take the ride [all the way] up the Olympic Stadium
-get lost at the Atwater Market
-Jazz lounge anyone?
-go salsa dancing :D
-beach pedicure
-start writing my “Exploiting women who want to get pregnant” article
-start writing the VP complaint letter
-8 hour walk with Alex when he visits in July (yaay!)
-write my number on a napkin and slip it into that cute waiter’s back pocket – uh huh I said it ;)

4 comments:

  1. ... " Go to the end of each metro line" !!! lolzzz thats a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Well Pica-Pica and Caricature is being done friday! =)
    And all the other things you mentioned on the phone which I can't remember for life of me what they were.
    Also, I'm so intrigued I want to go to the Farmers Market (!! Sounds awesome!), Monkland Village, Jazz Lounge, Salsa Dancing, and go to the Biodome because I've never been!
    So keep me in mind for those things =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember to save something to do with me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. monkland village will be done soon - maybe when the street festival is on.
    jazz lounge or salsa dancing for my bday (after fa's thing) - nikki you're invited :)
    sam, the metro line trip is for you. Bt not to worry I have a whole other list of things to do with you... Plus now I want to go star gazing!

    ReplyDelete