Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Birthday

In less than 24 hours I will have gotten my toes wet in the Second Decade Sea. The big 2-1 is upon me. On January 1st, I sat at the table with my parents and I said, “this is going to be a big year – I can feel it.” At the time, I had no idea what I was talking about.
 
This year has been so monumental, in so many ways, I cannot even begin to describe it. So much has happened. There were loads of firsts, some seconds, a slew of new experiences, wonderful new people… 

 
A group of boys laughed at me because I didn’t know what offside meant.
I watch Fifa matches religiously.
I mentored a student, and kind of enjoyed stats (ahhh!).
I got a new haircut, and bought a cute purple dress.
I learned how to be diplomatic, and how to change a tire.
I messed up a batch of cheesecake brownies, and learned who my true friends were.
I cried over a boy, and over a group of girls.
I pushed my limits – just to find out that they were imaginary lines.
I learned how to trust people, and in the process how to trust myself.
And the year isn’t even over yet!

 
I cannot thank all the special people who helped me keep my head above water here – but not to worry, I will (in person). 

 
This is the decade where it all happens – and I’m crazy-monkeys-excited!!!
As long as I can bring along all the fun stuff from Decade No. 1, like pop rocks, naptime, merri-go-rounds, and the power rangers – I only have one thing to say to Decade No. 2: Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment