Monday, March 8, 2010

a visitor

The sun came out to visit today. We chatted, had some tea and cookies, though he told me he prefers Sunny D, and we got to catch up and reminisce about the good old days. I told him he could stop by anytime, I enjoyed his company. He said he might stop by again very soon, he apparently loves my baking.

Because I have made the mistake of ‘not’ listening to my mother in the past few days and not necessarily worn the most ‘suitable’ jacket I decided to wear my big black coat (despite the voice in my head and the weather report that said it would be warm out). Once I had crossed the street to get to my bus stop I noticed a guy walking to the hairdresser’s. He wasn’t wearing his jacket; he had on a light sweater. Damn I thought. Not only was it warm out, now I had the pleasure of lugging my coat around in addition to my already heavy tote. Yuck. But here’s the thing that made me smile – he was also wearing flip flops! Now I don’t know how many know this… but I hate shoes. I hate socks. My feet get terribly claustrophobic and I would love my life if it meant I could go barefoot (preferably on clean-esque roads and through warm sand) all day, every day. And this guy was wearing flip flops!! My hero. :)

Then…

I’m off the bus, walking downtown, multi-tasking …

I’m carrying my tote, my jacket, my lunch (warm Thai Express chicken fried rice) and phone. I am in the process of mentally figuring out the job descriptions for the directors I need to hire this week. Then my phone rings – yaay another call! I’m flustered and I have no hands. I have to remember why I called her in the first place. Prices? Venue? Curriculum? Wait – how many did you say I needed? Oh, so that won’t work? Damn. Ok. I’ll figure it out. Ok thanks. Then she asks, what your theme? The Million Dollar Question… and my mind is blank, I cannot for the life of me remember what the theme is. I have only been reading and re-reading the curriculum and activities (relating to said theme) for the past 3 weeks! Damn. Not I look like an idiot. Nope, a scatter-brained, leave-my-keys-in-the-freezer idiot. Double yuck.

But as I’m walking towards the big brown doors leading into the library (yes, the library on a beautiful Sunday afternoon…this is my life) I see a guy wearing shorts. YEssss! Awesome! Made my day :)
Spring is here.

Then …

I finally get to spend some quality time (much needed) with my best friend. There was major catch-up to do, stories to share, jokes for her to ‘not’ laugh at. Sigh…I’m really not as funny as I think I am sometimes, then again, I know I’m not that funny…but I have my moments.

The catch-up continues for a few hours as we make our way to Concordia, into my parent’s car, to khane, chatting in the bathroom, in the corner outside, by the nandi line, downstairs in the shoe area…

Dinner with the family, a quick glimpse of the awards on TV tonight – Taylor Lautner and Kristin Stewart. Zac Effron… hmmm…awards for what? Costumes? Ok…that’s my queue! Off to prepare for Monday...

My to do list has been replenished, fb has been checked, emails answered, prep work is done for the presentation on “The Cognitive and Affective Structure of Paranoid Delusions”.
I might shower before bed.
It’s been a good day – even mildly productive. Loads to do tomorrow.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment