Saturday, March 13, 2010

Organic intimacy

I love talking to people, I love hearing their stories, immersing myself in someone else’s life until I get lost in it and I am so involved that it is as though I am there in those moments they are recounting, I am a living, breathing part of each story or anecdote they tell me.

When you’ve established that connection with someone, you never want to let go. Those moments when you are looking someone in the eye and listening intently, exchanging ideas, funny stories, harmless insults, whatever it may be…personally, I think those are some of the best moments of life. I call it organic intimacy.

These are the moments untainted by the pollution of the world, it is not forced, not superficial, not fake, it just Is. It doesn’t matter whether or not you’re wearing shoes, have paint all over your face, goose bumps all over your arms… It can happen anywhere: Outside the Renaud-Bray on Cote-des-Neiges, by the book deposit box at the NDG library, in a bar, on a ledge, next to the guerilla compost site set up behind Marianopolis (shh! don’t tell anyone), in a laundry room, at the top of the stairs outside the class you’re skipping, over coffee, sitting cross-legged in the middle of a basketball court…

I’m happy to say that I have met many people with whom I have been able to share these special moments. Some of them have stayed in my life, some left within hours, some returned unexpectedly, but thankfully the moments are still with me. And it’s exciting because I will keep having these amazing moments and I will keep meeting amazing people to share them with.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment