Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Addiction

Those who know me well, those who are closest to me, understand my odd relationship with stress. Under pressure I am sharper, more alert and attuned to my surroundings. Yes, I am on edge and irritable, but I am the loud, outspoken, assertive and passionate version of myself – who I believe is my True self. Stress is my drug of choice, an addiction of sorts. There have been many interventions planned in the past, by friends, family and I will admit that even I have had a few stern conversations with myself as well. But at the end of the day, when it all comes full circle, I accept my addiction as a vital part of who I am.



The word ‘addiction’ makes me think of this dance. Just for fun I’m including a video of one of my favourite contemporary pieces – by one of my favourite [SYTYCD] couples Kayla and Kupono :) Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment